Sunday, November 14, 2010

Stoney Point climbing

Today I went to Stoney Point for a climbing clinic through REI, made for a great way to get out and explore the area a bit. Everything we did was pretty easy the hardest route being about 5.10 but it was perfect for my reintroduction to outdoor climbing since it had been a year and a half since the last time I roped up outdoors.
After the clinic disbanded I made my way down to the main bouldering area which was just swarming with climbers. Not sure of what any of the problems are here but there was something for everyone.
This problem got a lot of people lined up to get on it and at one point a big hold broke off and it promptly saw a new first ascent.
And a lot of falls.

The nice thing about Stoney Point is that its about 20 minutes from my house so I am gonna try making it there as much as possible I figure I might as well gorge myself on as much rock as I can before I have to head back to the frozen tundra of Minnesota.

No comments:

Post a Comment