Tuesday, November 30, 2010

A day at Echo Cliff

The best part of this whole social media craze that we are in the midst of is that I have been able to use various sites to not only make contact with people all over the country but also to be able to meet up with them during my travels. A few years back I came across Tamara Hastie and after swapping emails every now and then we were finally in the same state together, not only that we were able to get together for a day of climbing at a place called Echo Cliff which is kind of in the Malibu area.
The guidebook that I had for this place gave me great directions on how to get there but it also said that the 45 minute approach was relatively flat and it was for the first half hour then it turned kind of epic. Lots of scrambling down a step wet chute, it even got so steep that I took off my pack and had to lower it down a few steps. But it was worth the effort to get down there.







Everyone trying to keep warm between burns, when the sun dropped behind the hills on the other side of the canyon it got cold really quick. On top of it all we lost the sun at a little before 3pm.
This is the ladder that we had to use to get to the end of the cliff band.
And to get back out.

No comments:

Post a Comment