Wednesday, January 23, 2013

To answer a question

A lot of people have been asking what kind of stories I'm looking for, the simplest answer is that I am looking for first person accounts of outdoor adventures. If you have a story that starts off my friends and I.....road our bikes across the US, went on a road trip and everything that could go wrong did, I went into the mountains for an overnight trip and I almost died, I canoed the length of the Mississippi for a summer. Things along those lines but not limited to just those things. What I am NOT looking for would be things like festival reviews or political pieces.
I am paying $200 per story with a minimum of 1000 words with 3-4 photos if possible. Hope that helps clear things up a bit.

5 comments:

  1. Do you accept content that has been published elsewhere (online, blogs, print publications, etc)?

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes as long as you have the rights to it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jon, not sure if you remember climbing with me at the BSU wall a few years back, but it's great to see you are doing something with your photography and such! Check out my adventure blog on blogspot. I did write one article for a paper, but I could write something up for you also pretty easily. Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Does it need to be in the US?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm about to embark on a journey all across the United States. I'll even pop into Canada for one leg of the trip. That should spawn more than a few interesting stories.
    I am more than enthusiastic about contributing a few stories here and there. Please shoot me an email (Jordan.mccullough159@gmail.com) if you are at all interested.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete