Saturday, May 14, 2011

Fishing opener.

Today was the opening day for fishing here in Minnesota and for most people that is a pretty big deal, think Christmas. I used to really get into it but as I got older and liked crowds less and less I tend to shy away from major holidays like this that tend to bring out the yahoo's.. So while everyone else was out on the lakes I headed to the little trout stream that I live on and proceeded to catch my limit of rainbow and brown trout. This was the first time in about four years I have been able to catch a limit in an afternoon and I had it all to myself while everyone else was jockeying for position at various boat landings all over Minnesota.
Have a great weekend.

1 comment:

  1. Nice article! Nice fish! And what I wouldn't give to have another "limit catchin'" afternoon!

    Perhaps the trout from CO ended up there somehow... seem to be slim picking here this year.

    ReplyDelete