Sunday, December 19, 2010

Glacier Sunset

Glacier National Park is probably my favorite park that I've been to so far. It's where I first got into photography, I went back there several times while I was in photography school and then there was one more time a few years back. It's that last trip where I got this image, it is pretty common to have overcast skies for days on end and this image was taken at the end of about three overcast days in a row.
I saw that the clouds were breaking up a little bit on the way back to camp on the Going to the Sun road so I pulled over the first place I got just as the peaks on the other side of the lake were lighting up. I had about 5 minutes to get the shot before the light disappeared. I used a Nikon N80 film body with a Nikon 80-400 racked out to 400mm, a 2 stop graduated ND filter and Fuji Velvia 50.

No comments:

Post a Comment