Saturday, June 12, 2010

New River Gorge

Last summer I got myself invited to come out to the New River Gorge to shoot photos with Chris Lindner. It had been about 11 years since the last time I had been east and I didn't remember much about the area but like with all road trips I was excited to see what was gonna happen.
One of the subjects that I got good at shooting early in my career was flowing water, coming from Minnesota I had a lot to work with. But where we have lakes out east they have tons of these little streams and rivers just begging to be photographed. This was what I got to drive past as I went back and forth to camp and every morning there would be some one standing and fishing at one of about a dozen bridges that cross this river on my way into town.
This King snake was at the cliff three days in a row in the exact same spot.
Making new friends.
Chris working the crux of this project he found on my first day there. He did send it about a week after I headed home.
Chris on the upper portion of his project.
One of the coolest things about this trip was all of the really cool people I got to hang out with like Lisa Rands.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing the great story Jon! Sounds like you had a tad bit of fun.

    ReplyDelete